Monday, April 8, 2024

Classic Traveller: The Solitaire Game


The passage on solitaire play struck me to first time I started reading Book 1 of Classic Traveller and it struck me again today. It’s easy to feel like we have to have a group to have an RPG, and for some systems we kind of do. But the material that exists in this game really serves to make the act of creation of setting and story a part of play, which I think the GM (or Referee) experience generally is. While it’s amazing to play in a group if we didn’t enjoy solitary preparation and creation even a little then most of us wouldn’t be running games (definitely not for free either!)

I’m interested to use the generation systems and play “the solitaire game” more as I finally make my way through these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demonology Domain

While reaching the message boards on ENWorld, I stumbled across the subclass below created by RustyDemiGod. I loved the concept so much and ...